PhD Diet WheyPlease be aware that the 2kg Diet Whey currently comes in both tubs AND pouches - you may receive either tubs or pouches depending on the flavour and our deliveries from PhD.PhD Nutrition Diet Whey is one of Echo Supplements and PhD's most popular products across the entire supplement range. Diet Whey is suitable as both a meal replacement shake and also to replace your typical protein shake if looking to add some great fat loss ingredients to your daily diet without having to think about it - this is because of the great macronutrient breakdown of protein, carbohydrates and fats.
First of all Diet Whey (assuming a 50g serving size) provides a generous 34g of muscle building protein which is rich in the important branched chain amino acids (BCAAs). Next up is 5.5g of carbohydrate in the form of waxy barley flour - this is the same carbohydrate that you find in PhD Nutrition Waxy Vol, and is a slow burning carbohydrate - meaning it will keep you fuller for longer. Finally making up the fat component of Diet Whey is flaxseed and CLA - two really great ingredients which should find a place in any healthy weight loss diet.
As well as the macronutrient profile being perfect PhD have added a few fat loss ingredients to Diet Whey to maximise weight loss over a longer time period. These are green tea, CLA and L-Carnitine - you will see these in many standalone supplements because they are the safest, most reliable ingredients and taking them in the doses found in Diet Whey alongside a suitable diet will result in increased fat loss over time.
PhD Diet Whey comes in a HUGE variety of sizes and flavours - Chocolate, Strawberry, Vanilla, Banana, Choc Mint, Choc Peanut, Cherry Bakewell, Chocolate Orange and White Chocolate - at Echo we're big fans of the Vanilla flavour but the Choc Orange is a close second when we want a sweet drink during the day!
- Low Sugar - When you are dieting to achieve a fat loss goal (as you probably are if buying Diet Whey!) then keeping your sugar intake low is key, and PhD Diet Whey supports you in this goal as there is only around 1g sugar in a serving!
- Acetyl L-Carnitine - L-Carnitine is one of the most important weight management ingredients on the market, and works by transporting fat into the cells for use as energy (rather than stored as fat) and by including the Acetyl form PhD have included the best type; it is more efficient than regular L-Carnitine and has a dual effect by crossing the "blood/brain barrier" to help inprove mental focus
- High in BCAA - The branched chain amino acids (BCAA) are responsible for kick starting the muscle repair process and with over 3000mg BCAA per serving, PhD Diet Whey will help ensure you don't lose muscle while on a strict diet
- Green Tea Extract - PhD Nutrition have included a very strong 50% polyphenols green tea extract in the Lean Degree formula; as this is the avtive ingredient which is helping you lose fat you want this to be as high as possible
- CLA - The number 1 non-stimulant fat loss ingredient, CLA has research behind it showing that it helps to increase lean muscle mass at the same time as lower body fat levels - truly the "holy grail" fat loss ingredient!
- With Flaxseed - Flaxseed is a tremendous source of Omega 3 fatty acids which are essential for the health of a huge variety of body organs & it is normally not a part of most diets. A great inclusion for your health in the Diet Whey formula in our opinion
- Low Calorie - The KEY part of any fat loss diet is to be in a calorie deficit - without this NOTHING else can work! So it's great to see that PhD Diet Whey comes in at under 100 calories per serving which you can expect to keep you full for around 1-2 hours. PhD Diet Whey keeps hunger at bay at the same time as helping muscle repair!
- Double Up - PhD Diet Whey is versatile enough that you can double up the serving size and while this will of course double the calories, it can allow you to actually replace a full small meal to aid weight loss
Who is PhD Diet Whey For?
PhD Diet Whey is popular among both men and women looking to lose weight but also among people that just want a good tasting high protein supplement. You DON"Y need to be on a fat loss programme to enjoy PhD Diet Whey; it is a great quality protein shake in it's own right!
When to Use PhD Diet Whey?
At Echo we find that most customers tend to end up having between 1-3 servings per day with one being a post workout shake on training days, and the other servings in-between meals.
Because it tastes SO good, PhD Diet Whey is popular as a way to up the protein content of meals such as porridge (1 scoop sweetens it up & adds protein) or even just store bought sandwiches which may be OK on calories but low in protein!
Who Are PhD Nutrition?
PhD Nutrition are one of the UK's most popular sports nutrition brands and have a great reputation for producing safe, natural products based on solid scientific research. Quite simply with PhD you can trust the products to be suitable for any athlete.
At Echo we have stocked PhD Nutrition for many years and are happy to recommend PhD Nutrition supplements to our customers.
Nutritional InformationNutritional profile based on belgian chocolate flavour.
||Per 50g Serving
||Per 25g Serving
|- of which sugars
|- of which saturates
|- of which CLA
|- of which flaxseed oil
|Green Tea Extract
|Acetyl L Carnitine